History of Our Church
The Port Norris Methodist Church began with home services as early as 1823. Its first conference minister was appointed in 1869. Growing demands made a church possible and this was dedicated in 1872, standing on the present cemetery grounds. It burned down in 1885. A second church was built on the present church site and dedicated in January 1886. This was torn down in 1924 and the present church building was dedicated in April, 1925.